Young Lawyers Section (YLS)
The Young Lawyers Section of the Anchorage Bar Association introduces new attorneys to the practice of law and the local legal community.
Attorneys under 36 years of age, in their first five years of practice who join the Anchorage Bar Association are eligible for membership in YLS.
Attorneys in their first year of practice in Alaska and judicial law clerks qualify for free Affiliate Membership in the Anchorage Bar Association.
For membership information and applications, click on the “Membership” tab above.
YLS engages in a variety of service, social, and networking opportunities, including:
- Monthly Luncheons — The first Thursday of each month at noon at The Board Room (601 West 5th Ave. 2d Fl.) September through May
- MLK Day — A civil legal clinic free to the public
- Mock Trial — Educating high school students on the legal system
- Race Judicata — The Annual 5K Race benefitting Anchorage Youth Court
- Speed Mentoring — An evening of drinks and chatting with experienced practitioners
- Summer Activities — Including league softball, kickball, soccer, and a camping trip
- Covenant House Clothing Drive and Holiday Party — Brightening the season for at-risk youth
- Bean’s Cafe Lunch Service — Serving lunch to Anchorage’s homeless on the third Thursday of every month. Click HERE to sign up.
- The next Bean’s Service Day is Thursday, January 25
YLS Board of Directors
- Co-Presidents: Audra Passinault and John Blodgett
- Vice President/President-Elect: Megan Rodgers
- Director of Communications: John Periman
- Treasurer: Melissa Goldstein
- Social Chair: Cameron Jimmo