Young Lawyers Section (YLS)
The Young Lawyers Section of the Anchorage Bar Association introduces new attorneys to the practice of law and the local legal community.
Attorneys under 36 years of age, in their first five years of practice who join the Anchorage Bar Association are eligible for membership in YLS.
Attorneys in their first year of practice in Alaska and judicial law clerks qualify for free Affiliate Membership in the Anchorage Bar Association.
For membership information and applications, click on the “Membership” tab above.
YLS engages in a variety of service, social, and networking opportunities, including:
- Monthly Luncheons — Informational and networking lunches occur each month, September – May. Lunch is provided. Information about the lunches is distributed in the YLS newsletter. Or, email YLS directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the lunch information.
- MLK Day — A civil legal clinic free to the public
- Mock Trial — Educating high school students on the legal system
- Race Judicata — The Annual 5K Race benefiting Anchorage Youth Court
- Speed Mentoring — An evening of drinks and chatting with experienced practitioners
- Summer Activities — Including league softball, kickball, baseball games, and a camping trip
- Covenant House Clothing Drive and Holiday Party — Brightening the season for at-risk youth
- Bean’s Cafe Lunch Service — Serving lunch to Anchorage’s homeless on the third Thursday of every month. Click HERE to sign up.
YLS Board of Directors
- President: Mel Goldstein
- Vice President/President-Elect: Laura Jungreis
- Director of Communications: Priyam Desai
- Treasurer: Galen Pospisil
- Social Chair: Rebecca Rogstad
If you or your firm has any job openings you would like circulated to YLS members, please submit all postings to email@example.com